CRYENGINE Marketplace, expanded VR support, and intuitive new in-engine features added to Crytek’s powerful development tool
CRYENGINE V launches today with a “Pay What You Want” business model, offering developers everywhere total access to the engine’s feature-set and full engine source code for a fee of their choosing, and with no obligation to pay royalties or additional service charges. Users who decide to make a contribution for utilizing CRYENGINE V can allocate up to 70% of the sum to Crytek’s new Indie Development Fund – a grant program that will see Crytek directly supporting promising indie projects around the world.
The latest evolution of CRYENGINE also introduces CRYENGINE Marketplace. The Marketplace will enable developers to access individual assets from Crytek’s own library, as well as thousands of materials, sounds, and 3D objects created by the CRYENGINE community and other trusted vendors.
CRYENGINE V also introduces:
- C# Enabled: A new API that allows developers who know C# to start scripting in CRYENGINE V right away.
- Reworked Low Overhead Renderer: Significantly increases the performance of today’s hardware in graphically intensive applications.
- DirectX 12 support: Utilize the latest branch of DirectX to take greater control of hardware resources.
- Advanced Volumetric Cloud System: Optimized for VR to give clouds full 3D spatial rendering for higher quality with minimal performance hit.
- New particle system: Create stunning real-time fluid effects, handled almost entirely on the GPU.
- A new launcher and UI: Navigate CRYENGINE more intuitively thanks to a streamlined UI which includes realigned features and new icon groupings.
- FMOD Studio support: Allowing greater flexibility in audio middleware selection.
- CRYENGINE Answers: A dedicated channel where the CRYENGINE community can share questions and answers.
To take a closer look at how developers are putting the power of CRYENGINE to work today, watch Crytek’s new developer showcase trailer on YouTube.