Malmö, Sweden – 26 May 2023, Nordic Game has revealed the winners of the annual Nordic Game Awards, which took place on 25 May during NG23 Spring, the annual games industry conference in Malmö, Sweden. The night’s big winner was Skábma – Snowfall, a game inspired by the old beliefs and folktales of indigenous Sámi people. The title won the award for Best Art, in addition to the main award, Best Nordic Game of the Year.
Nordic Game is the only global event with a dedicated focus on the Nordic games industry, and now in its fifteenth edition the Nordic Game Awards ceremony was once again one of the highlights of the conference. As in previous years, a jury of industry peers from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden selected the finalists and winners.
The award show was hosted by PixelTV’s Thomas Bense, and David Bateson, the voice actor behind Agent 47 of the famous Hitman games, and the dynamic duo did a great job entertaining the live audience and announcing the Nordic Game Awards 2023 winners. They were as follows:
- Best Nordic Game of the Year: Skabma – Snowfall, developed by Red Stage Entertainment, Finland
- Best Nordic Game of the Year, Small Screen: Source of Madness, developed by Carry Castle, Sweden
- Best Art: Skabma – Snowfall, developed by Red Stage Entertainment, Finland
- Best Game Design: Metal Hellsinger, developed by The Outsiders, Sweden
- Best Technology: Virtuoso, developed by Really Interactive, Sweden
- Best Audio: Metal Hellsinger, developed by The Outsiders, Sweden
- Best Fun for Everyone: Time on Frog Island, developed by Half Past Yellow, Denmark
- Best Debut: Raft – The Final Chapter, developed by Redbeet Interactive, Sweden
Additionally, the jury decided to give a special mention to the Danish game The Forest Quartet, developed by Mads & Friends, Denmark
See all the nominated titles right here: https://nordicgame.com/nordic-game-awards-2023-nominees-revealed/
About the Nordic Game Awards
The Nordic Game Awards is organised by the Nordic Game Institute in cooperation with Nordic Game Resources and the Nordic Game event team.
The Nordic Game Institute consists of the following game producer associations in the region: Dataspelsbranschen (SE), Icelandic Gaming Industry (IS), Neogames (FI), Spillprodusentforeningen (NO) and Producentforeningen (DK).
The organisers appoint the Nordic Game Awards jury, this year with the following members: Marie Meyerwall (Sweden), Espen Jansen (Norway), Tuukka Grönholm (Finland), Jens Haag (Denmark) and Steingerður Lóa (Iceland).
About the Nordic Game conference
Nordic Game is the leading games conference in Europe, and 2023 marks its twenty-third and twenty-fourth editions, in Malmö, Sweden and online, as well as in Helsinki, Finland in November.
Gathering thousands of industry professionals in the spring and autumn each year, Nordic Game is the one and only “home turf” meeting place for the highly successful game developers of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.