Independent developer and publisher Digital Extremes kicks off the New Year with the infectious The Glast Gambit, the first Warframe® update of 2017. Releasing today on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, The Glast Gambit arms players with the Infested powers of the newest Warframe, Nidus, and gives them a new Quest, Weapons, Customizations, Mods, and more.
The Glast Gambit is free and ready to dive into for all players who have completed last year’s biggest cinematic quest, The War Within. Summoned by Ergo Glast of the Perrin Sequence to the outpost known as the Mycona Colony, players will uncover the colonist’s questionable practices and a mysterious figure key to their success. Profit-driven Corpus aristocrat, Nef Anyo, has stolen the children of the Mycona and it’s up to the Tenno to bring them back. Confront Nef in The Index and beat him at his own game, but beware Tenno, not all is as it seems.
Key highlights of The Glast Gambit update feature:
- NEW WARFRAME: Plague your enemies with the Infested powers of Lotus’ newest warrior, Nidus. Spread the Infestation by spawning maggots that seek nearby enemies, manifest plagued tendrils to immobilize foes, and redistribute the damage you take to infected victims.
- NEW COSMETICS: New community-made Customizations from the TennoGen program have arrived on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One! Console players can now get their hands on the Volt Amp Skin, Volt Arrester Helmet, Mag Orbit Skin, Chroma Tarrasque Helmet and the Excalibur Sentient Slayer Skin from the Market to stylize their Warframe.
- NEW QUEST: Nef Anyo has stolen the children of the Mycona Colony, and the Tenno must challenge Nef in The Index and beat him at his own game.
- NEW WEAPONS: Handle new Weapons and Customizations with care as they have been corrupted by the Infestation.
- HEMA – Wield this symbiotic burst-rifle designed to leech health to forge its ammo, and then restore health with each headshot.
- HIRUDO – Rip into the enemy with fists of razor sharp cartilage. Steals health with each critical hit.
- RIVEN MODS: Expand your strength by wielding a new Riven Mod for Secondary Weapons — but know that you must prove yourself before their powers are revealed.
- THORAC SYANDANA: Drape yourself with the new sinuous spine of Infested anatomy.